Shaun Milne is a journalist and media consultant based in Scotland.
Assistant Editor, The Herald, The Herald on Sunday, Evening Times: September 2018 – Dec 2019
Assistant News Editor, The Scotsman & Edinburgh Evening News: Oct 2017 – Sept 2018
Online News Editor, The Scottish Sun: July 2016 – Oct 2017
News Editor (Casual), Sunday Herald, Herald & The National: April 2016 – Oct 2016
PR & Digital Media Director, Lucid PR: April 2015 – March 2016
News Editor (Casual), The Scotsman & Scotland on Sunday: Nov 2014 – April 2015
Editor, Advance Content & Digital Publishing, STV Group plc, Feb 2011 – Oct 2014
Consulting Managing Editor, Deadline News: March 2009 – Feb 2011
Co-Founder/Editor in Chief, Planet Ink Ltd: Jan 2006 – Feb 2009
Assistant Editor & various other roles, Trinity Mirror, 1995 – 2007
- UK Regional Press Awards – Herald on Sunday, Front Page of the Year 2019
- UK Regional Press Awards – Herald on Sunday, Regional Newspaper of the Year 2018
- Bank of Scotland Press Awards – Team of the Year for War in Kosovo
- PPA Scotland – Winner: Staff Magazine of the Year, Runner-up: Consumer Specialist Magazine of the Year, Runner-up: Customer Magazine of the Year, Runner-up: Customer Magazine of Year.
- An award winning journalist, editor and entrepreneur, Shaun Milne has led progressive digital transformation projects for some of the world’s best known news brands and has steered businesses in PR, media and communications since 2000.
- He has also contributed to work and talks for a range of corporate, educational and charitable organisations including top ranking universities, Nesta, MiNetwork, Technology Strategy Board, the Future of Journalism events series and others.
- He worked as a war correspondent covering conflicts in the Balkans and West Africa and the plight of fleeing refugees, and as an investigations reporter, news editor and editor for a range of national news titles and websites.
- He was Editor for the pioneering STV Local journalism network, empowering and giving a voice to local communities in the face of dwindling local democracy he championed the use of remote working for journalists to ensure a people focused approach to work-life balance.
- A contributor to BBC and Talk Radio programmes, he was also launch co-host of popular media podcast Quiet News Day and is host of the Sustainable Scotland podcast for The Scotsman, and The Kilted Kiwi for Kaitiaki Consulting.
- He was News Editor then Assistant Editor for the Daily Mirror and held the same positions with The Herald, was Associate News Editor for the Daily Record, Online News Editor for the Scottish Sun, and worked on news desks for The Scotsman, Edinburgh Evening News, The National and other titles.
- Appointed PR & Digital Media Director for a leading international marketing and events agency he helped evolve their UK and Norway centred communications strategies. He currently studies Norwegian languages at University of Edinburgh and University of Oslo.
- He co-founded a multiple award winning design and publishing house which included renewable energy firms Scottish Power and Iberdrola among its clients, bringing digital page turn technology to the UK.
- Writing about the climate crisis for more than a decade he was founding publisher of ecoforyou, Europe’s first digital magazines dedicated to the environment.
- He is editor of the not-for-profit climate website planetscotland.org and is COP26 publishing project theglasgowagreement.org