£10k theft at Parly

HeadLine: £10k THEFT AT PARLY

The Mirror, 14/09/2004, p1
by SHAUN MILNE

RAIDERS snatched £10,000 from under the noses of guards at the new
Scottish Parliament.
The brazen theft from a canteen safe came just days after the Scottish Executive vowed security had been tightened up ahead of the Queen’s visit next month.
Last night, anxious MSP Margo MacDonald said she was “shocked rigid” by the latest security breach.
The Independent MSP added: “It certainly doesn’t appear that they have taken any action to tighten up security.
“I know CCTV cameras weren’t working as late as Friday because a
workman told me.”
The raid will alarm Royal protection cops – already reeling after protesters stormed Buckingham Palace yesterday.
A major review of security will now have to be ordered before the Queen
officially opens the Holyrood site on October 9.
Undercover reporters have already managed to get past guards unchallenged.
Last night, Lothian and Borders Police and parly officials confirmed
they were probing the weekend robbery.
The cash was snatched from a safe in Queensberry House being used by
catering firm Sodexho.

**



Categories: Daily Mirror articles

Leave a comment?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: